Rajić Branislav, National Institute of Physical Education
Football is a globaly popular game which constantly evolving and seeking for new requirements in physical, tactical and techical demands. Nutrition plays an important role in seeking high performance during season, with special focus on the match day nutritional strategy. The science task is to provide guidelines in ellite players crucial aspects such as match day nutrition, periodisation of nutrition, body composition, travel environment of football players, cultural diversity and religious requirements, rehabillitation and return to play. Our intention is to provide a set of practical recommendations with special emphasyze in the fotball match day nutrition plan.
football, nutrition, macronutrients, recovery
Download full article
- Abbot W, Brashill C, Brett A, Clifford T. Tart Cherry Juice: No Effect on muscle function loss or muscle soreness in professional soccer players after a match. Int J Sport Physiol Perform 2020; 15(2):249-254.
- Baker LB, Barnes KA, Anderson ML, Passe DH, Stofan JR. Normative data for regional sweat sodium concentration and whole-body sweating rate in athletes. J Sports Sci 2016; 34(4):358-368.
- Baker LB, Rollo I, Stein KW, Jeukendrup AE. Acute effects of carbohydrate supplementation on intermittent sports performance. Nutrients 2015; 7:5733-5763.
- Collins J, Maughan RJ, Gleeson M, Billsborough J, Jeukendrup A, Morton JP, Philips SM, Armstrong L, Burke LM, Close GL, Duffield R, Larson Meyer E, Louis J, Medina D, Meyer F, Rollo I, Sungot- Borgen J, Wall TB, Boullosa B, Dupont G, Lizarraga A, Res P, Bizzini M, Castagna C, Cowie CM, D’Hooghe M, Geyer H, Meyer T, Papadimitrou N, Vouillamoz M, McCall A. UEFA expert group statement on nutrition in elite football. Current evidence to inform practical recommendations and guide future research. Br J Sports Med 2021; 55:416-442.
- Dvorak J, Jung A. Ramdan and football. In: F-Marc (Ed.), Footbal for Health 20 years of F-MARC Research and Education, 1994- 2014 (pp. 154-158), 2014.
- Hill J, Keane K, Quinlan R, Howatson G. Tart cherry supplementation and recovery from strenuous exercise: A systematic review and Meta-Analysis. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2021; 31(2):154-167.
- Kirkendall DT. Effects of nutrition on performance in soccer. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1993; 25(12):1370- 1374.
- Maughan RJ. Energy and macronutrient intakes of proffessional football players. Br J Sport Med 1997; 31(1):45-47.
- Peternelj TT, Coombes JS. Antioxidant supplementation during exercise training: Beneficial or detrimental? Sport Med 2011; 41(12):1043-1069.
- Rajic B. Barca Immersion Week Conference, Barcelona Innovation Hub Universitas, October 2019.
- Rico-Saints J. Body composition and nutritional assestments in soccer. Int J Sport Nutrition 1998; 8(2):113-123.
- Rollo I, Homewood G, Williams C, Carter J, Goosey-Tolfrey VL. The influence of carbohydrate mouth rinse on self-selected intermittent running performance. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2015; 25(6):550-558
- Rollo I, Iaia M, Curtis L, Hunter T. Influence of one vs two matches a week on physiological and pschychological status of sub- ellite footballers. International Research in Soccer and Science: The proceedings of the first world conference on Science and Soccer. Part 3. (Chapter 13): 97-101, 2010.
- Shirreffs S, Sawka M. Fluid and electrolyte needs for training competition and recovery. J Sport Sci 2011; 29 (Suppl 1):S39-46.
©2021 Sports Academy Belgrade. All rights reserved. Powered by Magma
Publication of this journal is financially supported by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Development Republic of Serbia.