Archive > Year 2020, Number 3
The effect of specially programmed exercise on a development of cardiorespiratory endurance and lactate adaptability of elite soccer players
Radaković Radivoje, Center for Scientific Research SASA
The aim of this research are define a cardiorespiratory endurance level and lactate adaptability before and after the experimental treatment based on programmed exercising as well as to define of different level of functional capabilities of initial and final measuring before and after the experimental treatment. Sample of respondents covered by this study consisted of 25 senior soccer players, who are members of the first team of FC Red Star, a member of the Serbian First League. For the sample of predictive variables, a set of 3 variables was applied in order to cover the area of functional abilities. Eight weekly micro cycles are experimental treatment aimed at the development of functional and motor abilities of the respondents. As the data processing method, in addition to the basic statistical procedures, multi-variant methods of data processing were applied. By analyzing of results, which present the differences in functional abilities between the initial and final measurement at the multivariate level, it can be stated that there are statistically significant differences in the majority of variables. Based on the results of this research it can be concluded that the presented specially planned and programmed system of exercise significantly contributes to the development of cardio-respiratory endurance and lactate abilities of players.
exercise, cardiorespiratory, endurance, lactate, soccer
Download full article
- Baxter-Jones A, Goldstein H, Helms P. The development of aerobic power in young athletes. J Appl Physiol 1993; 75(3):1160-1167.
- Bogdanis GC, Nevill ME, Boobis LH, Lakomy HKA. Contribution of phosphocreatine and aerobic metabolism to energy supply during repeated sprint exercise. J Appl Physiol 1996; 80:876-84.
- Bradley P, Sheldon W, Wooster B. High intensity running in English Premier league soccer matches. J Sports Sci 2003; 27:156-168.
- Carling C, Bloomfield J, Nielsen L. The role of motion analysis in elite soccer contemporary performance measuerement technique and work rate data. J Sports Med 2008; 38:839-862.
- Casajus JA. Season variation in fitness variables in professional soccer players. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 2001; 41:463-465.
- Dellal A, Del Wong P, Moalla W, Chamari K. Physical and technical activity of soccer players in the French First League - with special reference to their playing positions. Int Sport Med J 2010; 11:278-290.
- Di Salvo V, Pigozzi F, Gonzales-Hero C, Laughlin MS, De Wiff JK. Match performance comparison in top English soccer leagues. Int J Sports Med 2013; 34:526-532.
- Di Prampero PE. Factors limiting maximal performance in humans. Eur J Appl Physiol 2003; 90:420-429.
- Fox LE, Mathews DK. The Physiological basis of Physical Education and Athletics. 3rd Ed., Philadelphia: Saunder College Publishing, 1981.
- Foran B. High-performance Sports Conditioning. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 2001.
- Hawkins MN, Raven PB, Snell PG, Stray-Gundersen J, Levine BD. Maximal oxygen uptake as a parametric measure of cardiorespiratory capacity. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2007; 39:103–107.
- Helgerud J, Christianengen L, Wisloff U, Hoff J. Aerobic endurance training improves soccer performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2000; 26:1925-1930.
- Hill-Haas SV, Dawson BT, Coutts AJ, Rowsell GJ. Physiological responses and time-motion characteristics of various small-sided soccer games in youth players. J Sports Sci 2009; 27:1-8.
- Hoff J, Wisloff U, Engen LC, Kemi OJ, Helgerud J. Soccer specific aerobic endurance training, Br J Sport Med 2002; 36:218-221.
- Ivarsson A, Johnson U. Psychological factors as predictors of injuries among senior soccer players. A prospective study. J Sport Sci Med 2010; 9(2):347-352.
- Jacobs I. Blood lactate. Implications for training and sports performance. Sports Med 1986; 3(1):10-25.
- Jones AM, Carter H. The effect of endurance training on parameters of aerobic fitness. Sports Med 2000; 29(6):373-86.
- Menz V, Marterer M, Amin SB, Faulhaber M, Hansen AB, Lawley JS. Functional vs. Running low-volume high-intensity interval training: Effects on VO2max and muscular endurance. J Sport Sci Med 2019; 18(3):497-504.
- Niall AC, Edwards AM, Morton H, Butterly D. Season-to-Season variations of physiological fitness within a squad of professional male soccer players. J Sport Sci Med 2008; 7:157-165.
- Radaković R, Đurović M, Filipović N. (2012). Utjecaj posebno planiranog i programiranog treninga na razvoj motoričkih sposobnosti visokoselektiranih nogometaša. In: Jukić I, Gregov C, Šalaj S, Milanović L, Wertheimer V. (Eds.)., Zbornik radova: 10. Međunarodna konferencija UKTH, pp. 487-491, Zagreb, Hrvatska, 2012.
- Rampini E, Coutts AJ, Sastagna C. Variation in top level soccer match performance. J Sports Med 2007; 28: 1018-1024.
- Schmid S, Alejo B. Complete Conditioning for Soccer. Gopal: Zagreb, 2004.
- Stone NM, Kilding A. (2009). Aerobic conditioning for team sports athletes. Sports Med 2009; 39(8): 615-630.
- Von Duvillard SP, Pokan R, Hofmann P, Wonish M, Smekal G, Beneke R, Leithäuser R. Comparing blood lactate concentration values of three different handheld lactate analyzers to YSI 1500 blood lactate analyzer. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2005; 37(5): 25.
- Yokohama K, Tabuchi N, Araujo D, Yamamoto Y. How training tools physically linking soccer players improve interpersonal coordination. J Sport Sci Med 2020; 19(2): 245-255.
©2022 Sports Academy Belgrade. All rights reserved. Powered by Magma
Publication of this journal is financially supported by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Development Republic of Serbia.